I am a writer. I am covering stories from the Middle East which don’t follow the prevailing narrative.
My book ‘Behind Closed Curtains: Interior Design in Iran’ was featured by BBC, Conde Nast Traveller, Design*Sponge, Spiegel Online, Süddeutsche Zeitung, Deutsche Welle, The Culture Trip, Freunde von Freunden, FAZ, Zeit Magazin, Cover Magazine, Press TV, and many more.
As a freelance journalist, I have written about Iran’s startup ecosystem, the production of Persian silk carpets or refugees in Iraq. Together with local teams, I create content (copy/image/video) around design, business, social or cultural topics. As a native German, I speak English, Farsi, and Spanish fluently.
To stay in touch, subscribe to my newsletter here.
If you are interested in working with me, feel free to reach out via email to hello (ät) lenaspath.com !
Press & Interviews
- DONNA Magazin / January 2019 (in German)
- Conde Nast Traveller/ November 2018 (in English)
- Carpet XL / Fall 2018 (in German and English)
- Deco Home / June 2018 (in German)
- Design*Sponge / 03.04.2018 (in English)
- Cover Magazine / Spring 2018 (in English)
- SUITECASE Mag / 07.03.2018 (in English)
- The How, The Why Podcast / 04.02.2018 (in English)
- BBC Persian / 23.01.2018 (in Persian)
- Chidane.com / 09.01.2018 (in Persian)
- Dialogue Podcast / 20.12.2017 (in Persian)
- Manzel Magazine / November 2017 (in Persian)
- Welt Online / 08.08.2017 (in German)
- Spiegel Online / 28.07.2017 (in German)
- Der Standard / 30.06.2017 (in German)
- Press TV / 16.06.2017 (in English)
- The Culture Trip / 08.06.2017 (in English)
- Deutsche Welle Farsi / 02.06.2017 (in Farsi)
- Zeit Magazin / 01.06.2017 (in German)
- Hamshahri / 18.05.2017 (in Farsi)
- Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung / 14.05.2017 (in German)
- Süddeutsche Zeitung / 13.05.2017 (in German)
- FreundevonFreunden / 02.05.2017 (in English)
hello (ät) lenaspath.com
Download single items:
Frequently Asked Questions
B. February 26, 1986.
MA in Middle Eastern Studies, Politics and Psychology
Lena is hard for most non-Germans. So don’t bother. Späth is even harder.
100% German. No Iranian father. No Iranian mother. But lots of Iranian friends.